You Need A Break: 5 Signs That Are Telling You To Take A Day Off
We all have those days, weeks, months and heck even years when we are on the go 24/7. Despite our schedules, that "on-the-go" mentality creeps up on us and eventually has us feeling out of whack. This is definitely true for G and I right now. We just moved into our new place and thought things would calm down a little bit but they've done just the opposite. We are juggling work, unpacking, and trying to make this place a home. I think it's safe to say that we need to take a break. Here are 5 signs that let us know we need to step back and take a day or two off.
1. You start binge watching TV. I know I know, In our day in age it seems perfectly normal to watch all nine seasons of One Tree Hill in one week (ahem guilty!) but if you're putting off your work or projects to watch your "shows" it may be time to get out and get inspired again. Even just a short trip to the next big town over can give you the motivation you need to get back into the swing of things.
2. You're moody. One of the tall tale signs you need a break is your mood changing. Let's face it, sometimes we overwork ourselves. We wake up early, stay late, and work through our lunches. It may seem productive but in the grand scheme of things you'll end up feeling burned out sooner. Try to recharge and gain focus by stepping away and exploring a new lunch spot in your city. Maybe even plan a small vacation for later on in the year!
3. You start neglecting your day-to-day stuff. I get it, I hate folding laundry too so I put it off as long as possible. There's a difference between putting it off and not having time or the energy to fold a couple of loads. In turn you end up reaching way back into the closet to pull out those clothes you haven't worn in years. I see you outdated floral print dress! Take a day or two to get your home life in order... Laundry, dishes, groceries, clean, etc. You will feel so much better knowing that all of your home stuff is taken care of.
4. You neglect your self-care. Feeling bloated? Tired? Like you gained a couple of extra pounds? You may be so busy that you are neglecting your self care. All you really need is 15-30 minutes to get in a great heart pounding workout that will have you feeling a little more refreshed. Try taking a small portion of your day dedicated to your health. Go for a run, a yoga class, get outside and go for a quick walk, do 150 jumping jacks! Ready ... Go! The point is do something that makes you and your body feel better and healthier.
5. You start forgetting things. Ever have a list of to-do's a mile long? Ever forget to write down something on that mile long list? Before you know it you're getting a call from your best friend asking about the lunch date that started 15 minutes ago. Listen to what that's telling you! You may need to step back, slow down, and take a day off ... or two.
What are some of your signs that tell you to take a break? Leave them in the comments below!